Baltimore: Bring Summerslam To Town

 


This past weekend I attended Summerslam in Cleveland. Which by the way Cleveland is a very nice city and I had a good time. The event was amazing and I was able to check Summerslam off my list and now I just need to attend a Survivor Series to complete the big four. I also got to see the Orioles play The Guardians at Progressive field.

During the whole weekend I couldn't help but think in the back of my mind, we need Summerslam to come to Baltimore. It's no secret WWE is pretty much strong arming cities to cater to them to bring the big PLE's to town. Who can blame them? Especially right now when they have a hot product, people are flying around the country and world to see PLE's live, bringing insane amounts of dollars and tax revenue to the host city.


M&T Bank Stadium could easily sell out if WWE hosted Summerslam there. The Ravens are currently renovating the stadium as well which could sell WWE on coming. The Ravens and Orioles are making plans to create a year round destination for the complex around the two stadiums. Which could also be a good selling point.



And Monday night Raw from our recently renovated historical wrestling arena CFG Bank Arena, was sold out and on fire the entire night. Another selling point as Smackdown would be on fire there. They don't really do the Axxess for anything other than Wrestlemania anymore. Our convention center could use some TLC but it is up to par.

Now I'm bias because it's my hometown and I would love to save some money on hotel and airfare. It's beyond time WWE graces Baltimore with a big time PLE event. We have just as good infrastructure as any other city hosting the main PLE's. I'm going to keep advocating and kicking for it until it happens. 


Comments

Popular Posts